Thursday 5 January 2012

My routine

"I lead an extremely quiet life. [...] I write during the day, go for a walk along the river in the early evening and then watch TV and drink whisky and soda. And that seems to be the right background for me as an imaginative writer; perhaps I need invisible surroundings and this suburb is almost invisible to me." - J. G. Ballard

A month-long break from university means I have the chance to practice my routine....

8-9


Get up by at least 8.30 and arrive at this pond by 9.00.

9-12

Read book.

Recently a few examples being:


12-1

Scourge the fridge for food. Invariably this tends to consist of egg, bacon, spagetthi, cheese, etc.

1-5

Go to the library and work. First two hours are spent on a short story (just started a piece called 'The Murmurings'), the next two hours are spent on an essay or other university work.

This is my workplace:



5-7


(From 5 onwards the schedule tends to be more variable and don't necessarily stick to it so rigidly)

'Chill'/listen to music. Last few days I've been using this block of time to hear Beethoven symphonies...

7-9

Once every two days, spend this block of time on the internet; the other day use this time to watch a film.

And all this will come to an end within a week or so... Aghhr. : (

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.ubu.com/papers/satie_day.html


-Doug.