Sunday 26 June 2011

Confronting Reality





Confronting Reality: Stories from a Sabbatical Year is a collection of seven stories I hope to put together. I have edited the first three; the rest will be completed after my Chile odyssey.

Meanwhile there's this... An audio recording of my going through each story, describing its ethos, its incidents and messages. It's 35 minutes long; I don't understand how anyone would be willing to sit through its entirety.

I split it into two parts because it was too heavy to upload as one video... The background image was originally going to be this arbitrarily chosen one, but it made the video heavier for some reason. I had to simply slap on my profile image in the end... Not that it makes any difference.

Something I was going to mention at the end of this recording, but forgot, is that I'm like that "Shakespeare actor who always plays himself." Even though I try to write broadly, about a number of subjects, it always seems the same and somewhat monotonous... This could be remedied by attending Creative Writing classes, but I'm quite stubborn about that sort of stuff... Alas.

7 comments:

e.f. bartlam said...

Where's the second part Simon my man?

e.f. bartlam said...

Nevermind...I got it. It was reading zeros and took forever to start...I thought it was blank.

Back to it...

e.f. bartlam said...

I'm utterly intrigued now.

Especially with the last one...and the idea of wishes being invalidated by various layers of conscious.

That and the...how did you put it..."the really disgusting sex."

:)

Simon King said...

Haha, would you be interested in a copy?

Simon King said...

I'm also surprised - and delighted - that someone sat through it. :)

e.f. bartlam said...

I certainly would.

It was a good listen actually and the occasional outbursts over how long you'd been talking were all the diversion, respite that was needed.

Francisco Méndez S. said...

mi correo es ulysses39@yahoo.com