Friday 14 May 2010

Football team of writers

I have always thought that it'd be a nifty idea to write a book of a football world cup of writers, where each country has a team of their best writers and they play each other. There's a funny Monty Python sketch where philosophers from Germany and Greece play each other.

This list of writers is international and is based on my own preferences, though I have only included writers who are deemed to be 'classics' and not contemporary. To avoid repetition, I won't choose all of the 10 writers I included in my recent list 'Top 10 writers'. It's a 4-4-2 squad.

1. Albert Camus (Goalkeeper)
2. Louis-Ferdinand Celine (Defender)
3. Aldous Huxley (Defender)
4. Samuel Beckett (Defender)
5. Georges Bataille (Defender)
6. Vladimir Nabokov (Midfielder)
7. James Joyce (Midfielder)
8. Jorge Luis Borges (Midfielder)
9. Fyodor Dostoyevsky (Attacker)
10. Franz Kafka (Midfielder)
11. William Faulkner (Attacker)

Manager: Me.

No comments: